Friday 28 March 2014

Fabric baskets for boys

My husband was so impressed with my Fabric Basket made at the wonderful PlainStitch class recently that he chose his own fabric for his very own desk tidy! A lovely mix of 3D effect retro camera print mixed with a vibrant yellow GeekyChic glasses print from Riley Blake ....I'm taking advantage of the very kind offer of add to the Wendover SewingBee blog with this little project....

Now can I remember how to lay out the pattern?...time for a caffeine hit and a bit of focus. I am also just a bit excited about my new Janome sewing machine, I sold my pretty purple one on Ebay to a lovely lady in Cumbria and upgraded to this one having spent a wonderful sewing day (AKA Therapy Thursday) at the PlainStitch Workroom using one of Debs' brand new Janome Sewist 525S (as seen on British Sewing Bee) (Was I using Elinor or Jo?)


My new purchase of a magnetic pin cushion is making life with pins so much fun..
I just hope this basket turns out as well as the first ..this time without the generous lovely kind
ladies in my class by my side! will let you know...

well........a bit later....and
TA DAH

These bags are seriously addictive - hope you love making yours at the
PlainStitch Fabric Baskets Class




2 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful fabric basket Julia! Am also in awe of the magnetic pin collector- that looks like another thing to add to my list of sewing must haves!!
    I can't wait to see you and the lovely ladies at the Wendover Sewing Bee on Tuesday - where else could you have all that fun and coffee for £4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving The BoyBasket. Think you've started a bit of a trend at the Bee this morning!

    ReplyDelete